Intro to DCVs
New in 2023, this course is for new entrants to the Domestic Commercial Vessel sector or those would benefit from an overview of DCV operations in Australia.
At a glance
Introduction to DCVs is a comprehensive full-day course covers the essential elements of the Australian Domestic Commercial Vessel industry and engages students with lively presentations and real-life examples.
- Session 1: The DCV Fleet
- Session 2: Vessel dimensions, terminology and construction.
- Session 3: Regularotry Framework
- Session 4: Classes of vessels and areas of Operations
- Session 5: Crewing requirements and Certificates of Competency
- Session 6: The role of the regulator
Attendees will receive a certificate upon completion.
Who it’s for
This course will benefit:
- new entrants into the domestic maritime sector
- policy makers from state federal and local governments
- staff that require general knowledge about the domestic maritime sector
- $450 MIAL Members
- $490 Non-members
Fees include GST.
This course is generously sponsored by Viva Energy Australia
5 October (Brisbane)
Gemma Gooding, Event Coordinator
+61 474 477 411