Maritime is complex and unique, making navigating the industry challenging. MIAL provides a team of subject experts to assist your organisation with the right advice when you need it.
MIAL members receive dedicated support based on our service delivery areas. This enables us to provide tailored advice to:
- Increase business efficiency
- Strengthen business capability through our dedicated subject matter experts
- Access advice in a range of areas that affect your business and the wider industry
- Be part of our sustained industry presence and take advantage of long standing strategic relationships with government and other key stakeholders
- Engage in and influence collective industry policy
- Ensure your business interests are represented
Did you know MIAL offers HR/IR consultancy services to its members?
Subscribers to MIAL’s Maritime Workforce subscription area will be well aware of the industry level support and advocacy that the MIAL secretariat provides. But maybe you didn’t know that MIAL’s Workplace Relations team also provides bespoke HR and IR advice to members via a range of fee for service options. Sometimes you need fast practical advice specific to your business. This advice is provided through a lens of extensive maritime industry experience – we know maritime. Our team can provide assistance with a range of matters including enterprise bargaining, dispute resolution, unfair dismissal claims, performance management, review of policies and procedures, in house training and other HR/IR issues.
Courses and Events
MIAL has a long history of providing up to date information and advice for member organisations. More broadly, we provide courses and events that:
- Provide opportunities to upskill staff
- Covers broad background information for new entrants to the industry
- Allows networking and key information sharing on hot topics that affect shipping and maritime organisations