The MIAL member portal allows a secure place for information, collaboration and networking. With password protected access, and individual service area access, members receive a customised membership experience. The portal also allows for more control by the individual to update their details, communication preferences and event registrations.
For further information regarding the MIAL member portal, please contact the MIAL membership team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employees of MIAL member organisations can use the MIAL member portal to:
- update and manage their profile and preferences
- access member-only resources and share knowledge
- connect and collaborate through a member-only forum.
The MIAL member portal is an interactive discussion forum that:
- improves customer support by allowing members to post like issues and draw on group expertise
- allows more frequent informal communication
- enables MIAL to update members on key issues as they play out in meetings or media
- encourages constructive discussion
- helps to identify problems faster, and with member engagement can even provide solutions.
The comments published on the MIAL member portal represent a wide range of views and interests of employees of member organisations. Statements made during online discussions are the personal opinions of the commentators and do not necessarily reflect those of MIAL or our members and partners.
By using the MIAL member portal, you acknowledge the following:
- You take responsibility for the content or opinions posted or sent by users in any forum
- You take responsibility for all postings under your username
- You use the information provided in the forums at your own risk
- Engaging with the MIAL member portal provides no expectation of privacy with regards to posts or submissions (see Privacy above)
- The forums and features on the MIAL member portal are public and not for private communications
- Exercise caution if sharing personal information online as MIAL cannot guarantee the security of any information willingly and knowingly disseminated online.
Further to these guidelines, as a participating member of the MIAL member portal, you agree to not post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any data, text, or message, that MIAL deems to be:
- Defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking
- Bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive
- Vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit (language or images); or that
- Encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; or that
- Infringes upon and/or violates any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any forum.
- Misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous content
- Unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- Advertising or selling any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit) or soliciting others or using any forum for commercial purposes of any kind
- Impersonating any person or entity or misrepresenting your identity or affiliation with any person or entity
- Engaging in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming”, “spamming”, “flooding”, “trolling”, as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet. This includes adding repeated posts in multiple discussions. Spamming may also include tagging many members in a discussion, or private message a large number of members with the same communication.
Please do not post duplicate posts – these will be removed from the platform.
Please use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to applicable laws, including defamation and competition laws.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade or would otherwise breach Australian Consumer Laws. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Participants on the MIAL member portal must not collect data, member contact details or any other form of content from this platform for personal use or gain.
Forum discussion etiquette
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and re-join under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- Post your message or document only to the most appropriate forums. This helps to ensure that all messages receive the appropriate response by eliminating “noise”.
MIAL’s member portal and its authorised officers reserve the right to:
- Remove any material that does not conform to the guidelines above
- Turn over unconscionable or illegal materials to law enforcement officials that violate the terms above
- Remove content including messages, emails or postings that violate the terms above, or that do not pertain to the designated topic or theme of the forum discussion
- Otherwise remove or edit content from the portal at any time and for any reason should MIAL deem it necessary
MIAL may, without notice to you, remove, amend, alter or deny access to any user-generated content in its sole discretion if it is required to do so by any Applicable Law or order or judgment of a Court or tribunal of fact or law or other competent body (including any “take down notice” issued under the Broadcasting Services Act 1992 (Commonwealth).
All copyright for material published on the site is retained and/or has copyright clearance by MIAL. Internally generated content is the property of MIAL and is subject to copyright under Australian law. Using the MIAL member portal contents for any purpose other than membership services and education is subject to approval by MIAL.
Please make sure information you upload to the MIAL member portal has copyright clearance prior to appearing on the site. MIAL does not accept responsibility for copyright breaches of the material updated by users other than MIAL administrators.
MIAL member portal administrators will endeavour to ensure that any material, links and images uploaded to the site comply with the MIAL member portal terms and conditions. Ensure that any print or website material is used only for personal use or non-commercial purposes.
Copyright and other intellectual property notices as presented in the original material must be stated. Use of this site and the provision of services, such as membership, events and intellectual property exchange provided by the MIAL member portal are subject to Australian law.
MIAL member portal users are subject to the following copyright guidelines:
- You cannot use or distribute material from this site for public or commercial purpose without express written permission from MIAL.
- Do not publish another person’s intellectual property without their written and express consent.
- Ensure that you post content that you have personally created or have permission to use (see below) and have properly attributed to the content creator if required.
The intellectual property of all material published on this website remains with the author. Any material published on this website may be reproduced only with the express written consent of the MIAL administrators and then only with the following acknowledgment:
“Originally authored by (insert name of author) and published on MIAL member portal (embed hyperlink to MIAL member portal here (embed hyperlink to corresponding page of MIAL) on (insert date published on MIAL member portal)”.
MIAL will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with:
- Receiving, giving or using any opinion, view, advice or other material expressed on the MIAL member portal
- Access to or non-access to the MIAL member portal or website, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
[This page was last updated on 22/03/2022]